When you’re trying to lose weight and keep it off, it’s more effective and realistic to adopt a healthy lifestyle than permanently live on a diet. Yet you can still hack your way to the number you want to see on the scale—and stay there. It doesn’t have to be a slow process; it just has to be safe. Read on for five of our favorite weight loss hacks that you can implement as soon as today.
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. One of the fastest and most important things you can do is to increase your water consumption. Ditch the soda and sugar-laden juices for agua as much as possible. It fills you up and flushes out all the toxins your body is trying to eliminate when you’re dieting. Added perks include boosted energy and better looking skin.
2. Load up on veggies. Take your veggie intake to new levels by eating a cup before your meals—the dietary fiber will fill you up so you won’t be able to eat as much when your entrée rolls around. Make sure to choose from the full color spectrum—the more colorful the assortment of veggies you incorporate into your diet, the greater amount of antioxidants and other important nutrients you’ll benefit from.
3. Take it on the side. This may be old school but it’s still very effective. Sauces, gravies and dressings can be laden with fat, sugars and empty calories so always ask for yours on the side. For best results, don’t pour the sauces and dressings over your food—dip each bite in instead to just get a little taste so you consume less overall.
4. Play mind tricks with your dinnerware. One of the easiest things you can do to prevent overeating is switch your dinner plates for salad and appetizer plates that fit much smaller amounts of food. Portions will seem larger to the eye and if you slow down while you’re eating, you’re certain to consume less. Try slimmer, sleeker glassware as well for drinks.
5. Intermittent fasting. A lot of people are having great success by implementing intermittent fasting techniques. It’s actually pretty simple—you eat your regular meals but in a shorter time frame. Many have found increased body strength and a decrease in body fat as a result of intermittent fasting. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!
Click here to discover more weight loss hacks.