Whether you’re on a diet or want to boost your overall health, green tea can play an important role. With its Chinese origins, green tea has been touted as a health elixir for centuries. The way it’s processed eliminates the need for fermentation, which allows it to retain the greatest amount of valuable antioxidants and poly-phenols.
Read on to learn why drinking green tea is one of the ultimate health and diet hacks.
1. It burns fat. Green tea has natural thermogenic properties and contains EGCG, an antioxidant that blocks the enzyme that typically inhibits norepinephrine, a hormone that promotes fat breakdown. When norepinephrine is not inhibited, it can burn more fat. The bottom line: when you drink green tea, your system breaks down more fat.
2. It boosts your metabolism. One of the polyphenols in green tea oxidizes fat faster and increases the rate at which your body burns calories.
3. Green tea helps regulate blood sugar. Research shows that drinking green tea helps regulate blood sugar levels so that you avoid those spikes that cause your body to store fat. This can help prevent diabetes as well.
4. Drinking green tea reduces stress. Stress leads to an increase in cortisol, the hormone responsible for forming that stubborn fat in our midsection, aka belly fat. Green tea contains high levels of l-theanine, an amino acid increases those relaxing alpha brain waves that help reduce stress and anxiety.
5. It promotes heart health. Green tea has been shown to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and protect against clot formation, which is the most common cause of heart attacks and strokes. It also reduces bad LDL cholesterol levels and can help prevent many other diseases and chronic illnesses.
Strive to drink two cups per day for best results. Visit this link to discover more of our health, fitness and diet hacks.